Select Sheer Below Knee Open Toe 15-20mmHg
About Select Sheer Below Knee Open Toe Compression Stocking
When you need medical compression, but still want to show off your toes, reach for Dr Comfort’s Select Sheer open toe knee highs. The new bronze color looks good on a range of skin shades and the 15-20mmHg offers moderate graduated support. The signature non-binding comfort band has size and mmHg level knit inside for easy identification after washing.
Explore the Features
Fitted Heel and Open Toe
Knit-to-shape, fitted heel and open-toe design deliver comfort and style
Easy-On Graduated Compression
Graduated Compression helps circulatory wellness and allows more stretch in leg to aid with application
Signature Non-binding Comfort Top Band
Signature Comfort top has size and compression knit inside for easy Identification
Designed for Durability
Reinforced foot bottom provides extra durability and stays hidden in low profile shoes
Moderate medical compression helps to improve circulatory wellness and relieve symptoms of varicose veins
Discreet support in a fashionable sheer stocking
Recommended for the following conditions:
- Recommended for women as everyday wear
- When traveling, during and after pregnancy to help circulatory wellness
- Control swelling in legs/ankles and to help relieve symptoms of spider and varicose veins
Sizes: S – XXL
Compression Level: 15 - 20mmHg
Material: 75% Nylon, 25% Spandex
Collection: Dr. Comfort Sheer
Instruction It is recommended to don compression stockings first thing in the morning, before feet begin to swell.
- Sit on a sturdy chair or side of the bed. This is to ensure proper balance. Apply stockings on at a time
- Slide your hand inside the leg of the stockings and pinch the heel. Pull down from the top and turn inside out leaving the foot turned in
- With a firm grasp on each side of the stocking, stretch over toes and pull up over heel. Adjust fitted heel and bottom band just above toes on foot. Stocking will be on foot with the leg still inside out
- Gradually work the stocking up the leg and over the calf. Place the top band in the correct position, then smooth any folds or wrinkles down toward the ankle. The top edge of the knee length stocking should sit 1-2” below the knee bend at the back of your leg
Machine wash in warm water on a gentle cycle and with a delicate detergent. Tumble dry low. Do not bleach, iron or wring dry
Dr. Comfort Technology
Engineered with advanced technology and high-quality material, our compression wear products combine function, fashion and comfort for preventative and therapeutic support.
Compression Support Levels
Determining the right compression level can be tricky. We’re here to help. There are four compression levels, which are measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg). The higher the numbers, mean more compression.
10-15 mmHg: Low to mild compression, relieving minor swelling of feet, ankles, and legs.
15-20 mmHg: Moderate compression, relieving tired, aching legs, and swelling of feet, ankles, and legs. Helps to prevent varicose veins and spider veins.
20-30 mmHg: Firm compression, relieving and preventing moderate to severe varicose veins. Helps to manage ulcers, circulation and more.
30-40 mmHg: Extra firm compression, healing severe varicose veins, ulcers and more.
Understanding Varicose Veins
Varicose veins (also known as varicoses or varicosities) happens when the valves in the veins become weak and allow blood directed toward the heart to flow backwards overfilling and enlarging the veins. This mostly affects the legs, ankles and feet because they are the farthest from the heart and gravity makes it harder for the blood to flow upward. Symptoms can be skin discoloration, pain, swelling, aches, twisted enlarged veins visible just below the surface of the skin. Fortunately, wearing compression hosiery can ease pain and slow the progression of varicose veins.
Select Sheer 15-20 Below Knee Open Toe gently squeezes your lower extremities, circulating blood more efficiently in the veins and leg muscles.