Therapeutic Sport Starter Over the Calf Sock
Compression Calf Sock
About Therapeutic Sport, Starter Compression Sock
The Dr. Comfort® Therapeutic Sport, Starter Compression Sock offers modern clean styling and performance driven durability. With 20-30mmHg graduated compression, these socks deliver firm support for your hard working legs before, during and after strenuous exercise sessions. Wearing compression after exercise helps the leg muscles to recover quicker with less soreness. Offered in multiple colors and sizes, these socks will help your legs keep up with your health and activity goals.
Explore the Features
Easy ID, permanent device identification
Brand, size and compression knit in for easy matching and identification after washing.
Wide Stretch Comfort Top
Helps provide all day comfort with non-binding stretch
Reduced Muscle Soreness
Compression Socks help accelerate the recovery of muscle function when worn following strenuous exercise.
Compression socks help energize tired and heavy feeling legs, reduce fatigue, aches and swelling in legs, ankles and feet.
Compression decreases from ankle to top of leg, aiding with ease of application and helping promote circulatory wellness.
Convenient Garment Care
Easy care, machine wash and dryable
Recommended for the following conditions:
- Active adults who want to reduce muscle soreness following strenuous exercise
- Anyone needing relief from symptoms of spider and varicose veins
- Active adults who want or need to wear compression socks can do so while running, walking, playing soccer, golf, tennis etc at any level with modern socks designed to accessorize their athletic attire.
- Anyone who needs to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Sizes: S/M - L/XL
Compression Level: 20-30mmHg
Colors: Black, White, Blue, Pink
Material: Black, Blue, Pink: 59% Nylon, 33% Polyester, 8% Spandex | White: 92% Nylon, 8% Spandex
Collection: Dr Comfort® Therapeutic Sport
- Sit on a sturdy chair or side of the bed. This is to ensure proper balance.
- Slide your hand inside the leg of the stocking and pinch the heel, pull down from top and turn inside out leaving the foot turned in.
- With a firm grasp on each side of the stocking, stretch over toes and pull up over heel. Adjust heel and toe on foot. Stocking will be on foot with the leg still inside out.
- Gradually work the stocking up the leg and over the calf. Place the top band in the correct position, then smooth any folds or wrinkles down toward the ankle. The top edge of a knee length stocking should sit 1-2” below the knee bend of the back of your leg.
- Machine wash in warm water on a gentle cycle and with a delicate detergent.
- Tumble dry low
- Do not bleach, iron or wring dry.
Dr. Comfort Technology
Engineered with innovative technology and high-quality material, our compression wear products combine function, fashion, and comfort to aid in preventative and therapeutic support.
Compression Support Levels
Determining the right compression level can be tricky. We’re here to help. There are four compression levels, which are measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg). The higher the numbers, mean more compression.
10-15 mmHg: Low compression, helps relieve minor swelling of feet, ankles, and legs.
15-20 mmHg: Medium compression, helps relieve tired, aching legs, and swelling of feet, ankles, and legs. Helps to manage mild symptoms of varicose and spider veins.
20-30 mmHg: Firm compression, helps relieve moderate symptoms of varicose veins. Helps to prevent recurring venous leg ulcers, promote circulation and more.
30-40 mmHg: Extra firm compression, helps manage advanced symptoms of varicose veins, venous leg ulcers and more.
Understanding Varicose Veins
Varicose veins (also known as varicose or varicosities) happens when the veins become enlarged and overfilled with blood. Usually affecting the legs, ankles, and feet because they are the farthest from the heart and gravity makes it harder for the blood to flow upward. Symptoms can be skin discoloration, pain, swelling, aches or ulcers. Fortunately, wearing compression hosiery can help ease pain and prevent varicose veins from getting worse. The Everyday Style Connect the Dots supports your lower extremities, helping to circulate blood more efficiently in the veins and leg muscles.