Select Sheer 15-20 Below Knee
About Select Sheer Below Knee Compression Stockings
Help rejuvenate tired, achy legs while relieving swelling in the legs, feet and ankles. Combining fashion and function, the Dr. Comfort® Select Sheer 15-20 Below Knee offers medical support without looking like a medical garment. This sheer, knee high compression stocking features lightweight nylon and spandex for comfort and therapeutic support. Designed for durability, the reinforced foot bottom provides strength and keeps hidden in low-profile shoes. The Select Sheer 15-20 Below Knee can help relieve symptoms of varicose and spider veins.
Explore the Features
Moderate Compression 15-20 mmHg
Moderate compression helps relieve achy heavy feeling legs and swelling of the feet, ankles, and legs plus helps manage symptoms of varicose veins and spider veins
Medical graduated compression helps improve circulation and helps reduce swelling of the ankles, feet and legs
Signature Dr. Comfort ID Top Band
ID info knit inside welt top band provides easy identification of brand, size, and compression level, for easy match up after washing
Designed for an easy on application and removal
Reinforced foot, heel and foot bottom provides strength and durability
Fitted Heel and Toe
Knit-to-shape heel and toe design delivers comfort and a more precise fit
Recommended for the following conditions:
- Women who need moderate support for everyday wear
- Pregnant women during and after pregnancy
- Traveling, by air, car, bus or train and you need to be seated for a long period of time
- For use when recovering from surgery
- Relief symptoms of spider and varicose veins
- Relieve swelling in legs, ankles, and feet
- Recovering from surgery
Sizes: S – XXL
Compression Level: 15-20mmHg
Colors: Black, Nude
Material: Nylon and spandex
Collection: Dr. Comfort SELECT SHEER Compression Stockings
Type: Women's Non-Reimbursable
Instruction It is recommended to apply compression stockings first thing in the morning, before feet begin to swell.
- Gently pull stocking over your toes, instep and heel. Do not bunch fabric together.
- Gradually work straight up over your calf, making sure toe and heel are positioned correctly. The top band of Knee length stockings should sit 1-2 inches below the knee bend.
- Smooth out all wrinkles and folds
- Compression Class 1 - Instructions For Use
- Wash in warm water, by hand, or use the gentle cycle on your machine with a delicate detergent. Use of a wash bag is preferred. Do not use bleach or fabric softener.
- Machine dry on low heat or hang to dry. Do not wring product.
- Never iron or dry clean
Dr. Comfort Technology
Engineered with advanced technology and high-quality material, our compression wear products combine function, fashion and comfort for preventative and therapeutic support.
Compression Support Levels
Determining the right compression level can be tricky. We’re here to help. There are four compression levels, which are measured in millimeters of mercury (mmHg). The higher the numbers, mean more compression.
10-15 mmHg: Low to mild compression, relieving minor swelling of feet, ankles, and legs.
15-20 mmHg: Moderate compression, relieving tired, aching legs, and swelling of feet, ankles, and legs. Helps to prevent varicose veins and spider veins.
20-30 mmHg: Firm compression, relieving and preventing moderate to severe varicose veins. Helps to manage ulcers, circulation and more.
30-40 mmHg: Extra firm compression, healing severe varicose veins, ulcers and more.
Understanding Varicose Veins
Varicose veins (also known as varicoses or varicosities) happens when the valves in the veins become weak and allow blood directed toward the heart to flow backwards overfilling and enlarging the veins. This mostly affects the legs, ankles and feet because they are the farthest from the heart and gravity makes it harder for the blood to flow upward. Symptoms can be skin discoloration, pain, swelling, aches, twisted enlarged veins visible just below the surface of the skin. Fortunately, wearing compression hosiery can ease pain and slow the progression of varicose veins.
Select Sheer 15-20 Below Knee gently squeezes your lower extremities, circulating blood more efficiently in the veins and leg muscles.